BRAND POSITIONING is the way you differentiate yourself from your competitors and how consumers identify and connect with your brand. It’s comprised of the key qualities and values that are synonymous with your company.
Brand positioning can be conveyed through a variety of means including tone and voice, visual design and the way your company represents itself in person and on social media.
Strong brands succeed because they resonate with a portion of their market better than anyone else, but they don’t have to be the only player in their market doing so.
The positioning of your brand helps inform consumers why they should choose you over your competitors and is one of the few things you can completely own about your company.
1. Tesla cars are electric and are more expensive than their competitors.
2. Apple builds beautiful, innovative computers that connect with their consumers.
3.Trader Joe’s positioning themselves as the “national chain of neighborhood grocery stores.”
4. Dollar Shave Club creates a brand that’s relatable to the average consumer.
5. Nike focuses on performance and innovation with a message of empowerment.
6. HubSpot coined the term “Inbound Marketing” and started an email marketing automation tool which has evolved into an all-in-one platform
7.Drift coined the term “Conversational Marketing” and built a tool that focuses on improving customer experience.
#marketing #brand #branding #innovation #awards