MR DIY Group (M) Bhd made its debut on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia on Oct 26, 2020 and raised its market capitalisation to RM10 billion.
THE country’s biggest home-improvement retailer is a recipient of The BrandLaureate BestBrands Award, Brand Leadership in Retail — Home Improvement (2018-2019).
The shares were oversubscribed about four times this month. The price climbed as much as 12.5% from the offer price of 1.60 ringgit to as high as 1.80 ringgit on Monday. This translates to a market capitalisation of approximately RM10 billion based on the enlarged share capital of the company.
Here are some facts about Mr.DIY:
1. MR DIY Group (M) Bhd made its debut on Bursa Malaysia on Oct 26, 2020 and raised RM10 billion in market capitalisation.
2. MR DIY Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Adrian Ong said the group welcomed some 9,000 new shareholders to the firm.
3. MR DIY opened its first store at Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman in July 2005, and now operates more than 622 outlets across the country.
4. MR DIY will be launching 307 new stores in 2020 to 2021, which adds up to 900 stores.
5. A home-grown enterprise, MR DIY has over 750 stores throughout Asia-Pacific.
6. Each MR DIY store encompasses averagely 10,000 sq feet, providing a comfortable and wholesome family shopping experience.
7. MR DIY has over 8,000 employees serving more than 180 million customers annually throughout Asia Pacific.
8. As of 2019, MR DIY has also expanded its operations to Thailand, Brunei, Indonesia, Philippines, and Singapore.
9. MR DIYS’s vision is to be the largest home improvement retailer in Asia Pacific.
10. MR DIYS’s mission is to create a globally recognized ASEAN retail brand which holds true to the company motto “Always Low Prices.”