Cosmetics has been with us for decades and is a necessary addition for most women. Research shows that the average woman spends approximately US$15,000 on makeup in her lifetime. As a result, cosmetic companies are making billions to fulfil women’s desire to apply makeup to increase their confidence, to look young, and be more attractive.
Any company that helps women to achieve these results is likely to make a fortune.
Here are some famous makeup brands with 5-star ratings, that will bring out the inherent beauty in you.
1. Origins — Powered by nature and proven by science, Origins specializes in natural makeup products such refreshing eye cream, overnight mask, skin relief serum, and night cream for people suffering from dry skin. For the lovers of natural beauty products, Leonard Lauder is the man to thank. He started the company in 1990. After about 16 years now, Origins has more than 2000 stores worldwide and is spreading further.
2. Bare Minerals — Every woman needs to feel beautiful. This company offers 100% natural products that are good and healthy for customers’ skin and deliver products meant for renewing, nourishing and energizing the skin. Active soil complex is the largest component in Bare Minerals’ products. This ingredient with other micro and macro protects the skin against the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
3. Smashbox — has some of the most expensive beauty products. This is partly because its products were first created, tested and photographed in a photo studio in Culver City by Deans and Davis. What would you expect of a makeup made to withstand studio lights, wind machines, and action? Of late, Smashbox has introduced its 3-in-1 Mascara, and just like its other products, it has taken the market by storm.
4. Estee Lauder – Founded by Joseph and Estee Lauder, this prestigious beauty and cosmetics company from United States is famous for its skin care, makeup, fragrance, and hair care products. Amongst its top products include high-performance lipsticks, foundations, perfumes, moisturizing lotions and nail paints amongst others.
5. RMS Beauty — stands for Rose-Marie Swift. The name of its founder is behind the makeup of famous celebrities such as Celine Dion, Demi Moore, Sophia Coppola, Zoe Saldana, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren to name but a few. The anti-aging products with long-term benefits are made from raw, food grade and organic ingredients to give users a nourished, hydrated and soft skin.
6. Neutrogena – Founded by Emanuel Stolaroff in Los Angeles in 1930, this beauty product is popular amongst many models and celebrities, and it is amongst the oldest in the market. It offers high-quality hair-and-skincare products which are meant to maintain the pH and moisturize the skin to gives it a healthy and glowing complexion,
7. Kjaer Weis — Just like RMS, Kirsten Kjaer came up with this line of products after realizing how certain cosmetic product affected her clients. Determined to create an alternative cosmetics with safer and natural ingredients, she took an eight-year journey of research to produce cosmetics from 100% safe organic ingredients. Kjaer Weis packages its products in beautiful, metallic, refillable compacts, targeting clients with a heart for luxurious things which continue to gain fame and approval all over the internet.
8. Maybelline was created in 1915 by Tom Lyle. He was 15 years when he saw his sister using a mixture of Vaseline and coal dust to make her eyelashes look darker. Using chemistry, he came up with a product called lash-in-blow-line. Later on, he changed the name to Maybelline. In 1971, Maybelline came up with Maybelline Cake Mascara which was the first modern eye cosmetic. Today, its products are sold in more than 120 countries globally and it is a leader in the world of lipsticks, nail polish, eyeliners, mascara, eyeshadows, etc.
9. MAC (Make-up Art) — Established in Toronto by makeup artist Frank Toskan and photographer Frank Angelo, MAC brings together culture, beauty, and fashion by creating products designed for different clients to meet their professional needs. It is also endorsed by celebrities including Lady Gaga, Victoria Beckham, and Lisa Marie amongst others.
10. L’Oreal – Founded in 1909 by Eugene Schueller, L’Oreal is the world leader in the beauty industry. The prestigious brand is currently available in 130 countries over five continents. Based in France, L’Oreal believes there is a close link between beauty and diversity. As such, it produces cosmetics that fit a diversity of consumers to provide the best cosmetics for both men and women around the world.
#top10 #cosmetologist #branding101 #TheBrandLaureate