THINK of fast food and think of brands like McDonalds, KFC, Starbucks and Domino’s Pizza.
Here are another six to make the list of the Top 10 largest fast-food chains across the world.
10. Papa John’s. With the slogan “Better Ingredients, Better Pizza” Papa John’s is the 4th largest Pizza delivery service in US. The founder, John Schnatter opened the first restaurant in 1984 in Indiana and today it has more than 5000 outlets in 44 countries.
9. Dairy Queen was founded by John Fremont McCullough in 1940. The restaurant chain serves burgers, French fries, processed fried chicken, frozen treats and hot dogs. Today, Dairy Queen is available in 6000 locations worldwide – with 600 outlets in Texas alone.
8. Dunkin’ Donuts serves l baked items, hot and iced beverages, sandwiches and soft drinks, and currently has 12500 restaurants worldwide.
7. Domino’s pizza is available in 70 countries The pizza comes in a variety of crust and flavours including Aloha Chicken, Beef Pepperoni, Chicken Pepperoni, Ultimate Hawaiian, Tuna Temptation, Seafood Delight and Quattro pizzas.
6. Burger King. This global hamburger chain has 13,000 restaurants in 79 countries. Its signature product is the Whopper sandwich, first introduced in 1957 – it sells more than two million sandwiches daily.
5. Starbucks. Founded in 1971 by Jerry Baldwin, Gordon Bowker and Zev Siegl, the Seattle based Starbucks is the largest coffee company in the world. It serves cold & hot beverages, wines, beer and snacks.
4. Pizza Hut. Founded in 1958 by Dan and Frank Carney in Kansas City, Pizza Hut is the largest pizza delivering service in the world – with over 18,000 outlets in 100 countries.
3. Subway. Sandwiches and salads are main products of Subway which operates in 111 countries worldwide. Some of its most popular sandwiches are Italian B.M.T., Subway Club,and Subway Melt — loaded with popular ingredients such as chicken teriyaki roasted chicken and tuna.
2. Kentucky Fried Chicken. Founded by Colonel Harland Sanders in 1930 in Kentucky with his secret recipes of 11 herbs and spices, KFC is the second largest restaurant chain in the world. Today it serves 12 million customers daily in the US alone.
1 McDonald’s is the largest fast-food chain in the world – with more than 38,000 restaurants in 100 countries. Founded in 1940 by Richard and Maurice McDonald’s in San Bernadino,California, the Golden Arches logo is one of the world’s most famous brand.
#coffee #fastfoods #retail #restaurants #branding